Who should attend the Flood Risk Open House?

You should attend a Flood Risk Open House if your property is currently mapped within an SFHA, newly mapped into an SFHA, and/or if you currently have flood insurance. If you are unsure of your flood risk, please refer to the preliminary FIRMs that are available on the FEMA Map Service Center website, https://msc.fema.gov/portal, or call the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) at 1-877-336-2627 (1-877-FEMA MAP) or your local floodplain administrator or building official.

Show All Answers

1. What are the standards for constructing in a floodplain?
2. What are the requirements for existing structures within the floodplain?
3. What can be done if a floodplain map may have an error or be to be modified?
4. What changes will we see on the new Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)?
5. Is it possible for me to view where my home lies on the new preliminary Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) prior to the Flood Risk Open House?
6. Who should attend the Flood Risk Open House?
7. What happens at the Flood Risk Open House?
8. Do I have to stay at the Open House for the entire time?
9. As a homeowner, what should I bring to the Flood Risk Open House?
10. Will I have to buy flood insurance?
11. Will I be able to buy insurance on-site?
12. What if I disagree with the new maps?